Adhyeta International (AI) facilitated a 3-day training on “Social Accountability and Project Sustainability” to the partner organizations and staff of Ipas Nepal. The training was facilitated from July 31 to August 2, 2019. There were a total of 16 participants in the workshop from Ipas partner organizations and Ipas Nepal. The workshop was facilitated by the resource persons of AI namely Kedar Khadka, Bishnu Prasad Pokherel, Kiran Chalise and Sharad Neupane, who have expertise on social accountability and project sustainability.
The contents of the workshop were,
• Understanding good governance and its ingredients/basic elements
• Understanding Social Accountability (SA) tools and types
• Scope and rational of SA tools at local level (role of CSOs, importance and linkages)
• Understanding on Public Hearing, Social Audit and Community Score Card
• Presentation on various steps of Community Score Card (CSC)
• Pre- preparation phase of Community Score Card (CSC)
• Implementation phase of Community Score Card (CSC)-mock session
• Reporting, Monitoring and follow up of CSC
• Presentation on Sustainability linking to use of SA tools
• How project activities can be sustained
• Finalization of sustainability plan/exit plan
The training was designed for development practitioners and professionals. The contents of the workshop were customized for the professionals and development workers who are engaged in different projects/programs.
AI has been offering such workshop and training for different organizations that are working in development sectors of Nepal.